Wednesday, May 06, 2009

The New Shea Blows


After watching a boring 1-0 victory by the Mets tonight, I've come to a couple conclusions. One, the Mets' new ballpark, and I'll be blunt...completely blows and is totally boring to watch a game played there. (No, I wasn't there. I came to this conclusion watching it on t.v. tonight.)


Two, we are finally starting to miss J.C. Romero. I think we would have been better off this evening with J.C. on the mound rather than Scott Eyre, who has not been as effective this year.


Three, this team still has a hard time manufacturing runs against good bullpens late in the game. In the 7th and 8th the Phils had men in scoring position, but looked like a bunch of buffoons trying to get the man home.


Fourth, our lefty laden lineup will have hard times against tough lefty starters. We saw it for sure tonight and I guess we'll see it whenever a good lefty faces the Phils.

No comments: