Monday, May 04, 2009

What A Waste of a Weekend

After two straight great sports weekends, things slowed down quite a bit. They slowed down so much this weekend that I don't have a single thing to write about.

I would have loved to have a rubber match game between the Phils and Mets to comment about, but the friggin' rain took that away. D Mac failed to speak at mini camp, so there wasn't much news. About the only thing to come out of mini camp is that Shawn Andrews is moving to Right Tackle and the rookies (Maclin, McCoy and Ingram) seem to be picking up the offense pretty well. If I cared about the Sixers, I'd comment about Theo Ratliff calling out the coach for being soft on the players, but I since I haven't acknowledged the Sixers' existence all season, I don't think I am qualified to give an opinion on that team. The only other thing of note for me was that Jeff Carter played games 3, 4, 5 and 6 with a separated right shoulder. I guess that explains his ineffectiveness.

All in all, nothing occurred this weekend that warranted it's own in depth post. Hopefully, we get some big news fast. I'm searching, but coming up empty.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Derby was pretty good, no?

Anonymous said...

Yeah, 50:1 shot and a trainer that's a hillbilly who was winning at a 3% clip before Saturday. This rain blows. i'm building an arc if it continues.