Sunday, January 03, 2010

PSP's EAGLE PICK


So, it all comes down to Week 17. How many of us saw this coming? I surely didn't. I thought the division would be locked up by someone before today, but I suppose this is the best scenario you could ask for. The Birds have their playoff destiny in their hands. Win today and the path for a 2nd straight NFC Championship Game appearance is squarely in sight. Lose and the road becomes much tougher.


For me, the Cowboys' December resurgence was truly shocking. I thought they'd lay down like dogs against the Saints, but came out and played the game of their season. Since you can't take much out of last week's game as the Skins had given up, the question for me is how good are the Cowboys? I think we'll find out for sure today. Tony Romo has been fantastic lately, but to me, I still think he has some choke in him. If he wants to be viewed as a big time QB, he must come up big today. Hopefully, he spent some time in Cabo or Vegas this week. That always seems to spell doom for him. The Boys' D is much better than ours. I can't emphasize that enough. Thus, if the Boys start to score, we could be in trouble.


Truth being told, I haven't felt 100% confident in this Eagles team all year due to their below average defense and streaky, explosive offense. Deep down, I think the Birds will have a hard time winning this one, but I have a hard time believing that this Cowboys team led by Party Boy Romo and the incompetent Wade Phillips can pull this team together to over take the Birds in the NFC East. Plus, I think the Birds got the clunker out of their system last week.


I'll throw out a 27-17 victory today for the Birds.


The player of the game will be Jason Peters.

2 comments:

George said...

Your prediction looks bad early in the game. What happened to the in game blog?

Anonymous said...

they say its hard to beat a team 3 times in the same season. BUT, i'd sure rather be in Dallas' shoes next week than the Birds..