Sunday, October 19, 2008

It's Tampa....


We no longer have to wait around to figure out who we'll be playing on Wednesday night. It will be the Tampa Bay Rays and I, for one, am happy.

I wanted the Rays. We owe Tampa big time for the most crushing Philly defeat in my lifetime....the 2002 NFC Title game (aka The Last Game At The Vet), as well as the Lightning stealing a Cup from us by beating us in the 2004 Eastern Conference Finals. I think beating Tampa for a World Series Title would undoubtedly help me forget all the torture they put me through previously.

After watching them tonight, two things are going to drive me up a friggin' wall. All the dopey mohawks their players are sporting and more importantly, the ridiculous cow bell ringing. I feel like I'm watching a high school football game, not a major league baseball post season game.

Ok, off to bed. More on this series later.

1 comment:

George said...

I am hoping Tampa will be wiped out from going seven with Boston and they will have nothing left for the Phillies. I hope they doubt themselves a little bit now after blowing game 5 and almost blowing the entire series.