Sunday, January 04, 2009

PSP's EAGLES' PICK


After a night of watching the Wild Card round of the NFL's playoffs, I'm even more convinced that this year is wide friggin' open. An argument can be made for any of the remaining 10 teams to win the title. There are no juggernauts this year. Everyone has holes. That being the case, I have to ask the question....Why not us?


Sure, Andy Reid still scares me to death and god forbid if we have a situation where we need a 2 minute drill to win the game, but the remaining teams aren't all that different from us. I can see us winning against the Vikes, beating the G Men and then beating whoever is left standing in the NFC Championship Game.


All this being said, I've pretty much given away my pick, but I really have a hard time seeing a team that had such a hard time beating David Carr and the Giants' 2nd team giving us a hard time. Accordingly, I see the Birds in sort of a mini route.


I expect the Birds to win 28 to 13 over the Vikes to set off a bit of mass hysteria in this town, the likes of which we haven't seen in....well, three months. (Sorry, I'm still giddy over that World Series victory.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It’s ridiculous when you consider the winners on Saturday. A team that shouldn’t be there (Chargers) and a team that died in November (Cards). Wide open is an understatement. The Colts absolutely choked last evening and Matt Ryan looked like a BC quarterback playing in his 1st playoff game. Anything goes today but we have no reason to lose to this squad.

Unknown said...

Wow, your prediction on the score was almost dead on! Nicely done!