Sunday, August 03, 2008

Good News From Lehigh


As I guess you guys can tell, I'm completely bored by Eagles camp. I can't even force myself to read anything further about the contract squabbles, hamstring pulls, or how hard Big Red's camp is. I also might vomit if I have to read another puff piece about how great a shape Darren Howard is in or how LJ Smith believes he's ready to become a premiere Tight End in the NFL. The Shawn Andrews mysterious hold out is mildly intesting, but only because the full reason as to why he's not in camp has not been revealed.

In any event, I was mildly happy when I came across Dave Spadaro's article naming D Mac as the best player in camp. Dave had the following propaganda to spin about D Mac:


Nobody even thinks about the shoulder tendinitis, or the injuries in the past, or the drama that has followed Donovan McNabb for most of his career. When you see McNabb in this camp, you see a player who is at the top of his game, razor-sharp and clearly enjoying himself. McNabb has been outstanding on and off the field and in every way. McNabb has thrown the ball brilliantly throughout the camp. His mobility seems like it is all the way back and, well, he looks like the Donovan McNabb who is one of the best quarterbacks in the league.

Make no mistake, McNabb is the key player in this whole picture. And he has clearly taken care of himself in the off-season and is providing a great, great and super-encouraging showing at camp.
I normally take Spadaro's comments with a grain of salt, but then I came across G Cobb's blog and he had something similar to say:


Donovan McNabb again thinks he's the guy who knows he's holding the cards.
You know the guy who sits at the table trying to keep the smile from creeping out. He knows this is his hand after he looks over his cards.

McNabb feels that way again but that doesn't mean his feelings are totally true. I must admit he looks good at training camp and the offense looks better than I thought.
This is actually pretty good news. A healthy #5 is imperative for a success season. Let's hope we start to see a healthy and improved D Mac when the preseason starts.

No comments: