Monday, June 16, 2008

I Never Thought I'd Say This....


But, while watching the Phils game tonight - a big 8-2 win over the Sawwwwx powered by Ryan Howard and Cole Hamels, I realized something. (It really pains me to say this....) Chris Wheeler is not all that bad as a commentator.


It must have been all those borderline retards analyzing the hockey games on Vs. during the Flyers playoff run, but suddenly I find myself more open to listening to Wheels. He no longer turns my stomach. Sometimes, I actually find him informative. In fact, until this evening, I didn't know that Tito Francona and JD Drew were both Golden Spikes award winners. I don't know about you guys, but it's little tidbits like that has me coming back game after game. I really can't explain it, but maybe the Phils' broadcast team has worn me down over the years to the point that I now find him acceptable.


Am I crazy? Has anyone else started to soften on him?


*******************************************************************


Here are some other random thoughts on tonight's game:


-What are the odds that Ryan Howard and Pat Burrell will hit triples in the same game this season? About the same odds that Andy Reid has of ever seeing his feet.


-Juan Samuel is being inducted into the Phils' Hall of Fame. Watching highlights of him, I think they should also induct his bottle of Activator because he had the best Jheri Curl in Phils' history. (Although, Steve Jeltz was a close second.)


-I love seeing the Big Man hit opposite field home runs. He's dialing it in. It's scary to watch him run though. He looked like a guy running on hot coals. Don't look now, but he has the average up to .224!


-I forgot how much I hate JD Drew.


-Nice to see J Roll show up tonight. Maybe playing these big name teams will help him focus a bit more.


-Tiger Woods is amazing...sorry, I had to add that in.

3 comments:

George said...

How did Chris Wheeler get access to post a story on your blog? I believe he is only getting worse as time goes on, especially when paired with Matthews. He is the most annoying thing about the broadcast. I wish I could mute his voice. The love fest every game for the good players on the other team is nauseating. The fact that Andersen is banished to the radio is a travesty. I could go on and on.

Anonymous said...

He sucks, he acts as though he played the game which i'm sure he didn't. You want proof, here goes.

"he dropped the head on it" when describing a left hand hitter crushing a low and in pitch.

He wouldn't know how to drop a head on anything except his boyfriends ass. He sucks.

George said...

I think Wheeler got cut from his Little League team.