Monday, August 04, 2008

Finally, The Truth Can Be Told


I don't want to open a can of worms over whether depression is a legitimate illness, but I'm glad to finally find out what was bothering Shawn Andrews. I hope he gets the help he needs so he can come back to the Birds and be a productive member of the team.




By the way, I really doubt the daily fines the Birds have levied against him will hold up against an aggressive legal battle. If a doctor legitimately diagnosed him with depression and put him on meds, I really expect the Players Association to get behind him and fight the fine. I will be shocked if the Birds don't rescind the fines in order to escape a potential messy situation that could bring on a messy P.R. battle.


1 comment:

George said...

Does anybody else think it is possible that this guy didn't want to report in the heat, so it took him a while to come up with an excuse?