Sunday, August 03, 2008

I Love Brad Lidge!


What more can I say? The guy is a complete stud. We have not had a closer this reliable in my life time. I'm sitting here watching the 9th inning thinking we're totally effed and hoping to just get to extra innings as the best case scenario. Next thing you know, Lidge fans the last two batters and ho-hum, the game's over. The guy is amazing.


A couple of other notes:


-Ryan Howard is a total butcher in the field. If you needed anymore evidence, you got it in the 8th inning.


-Was anyone else deathly afraid when Ryan Madson came in to face Albert Pujols?


-With all the action at the end of the game, it's easy to forget that Brett Myers turned in his second straight decent start.


-I think we can officially add Ryan Ludwick to the Phillie Killer All Stars along with Hanley Ramirez and Brian McCann. (Anyone have any other candidates?)


-I still hate how much this team has to rely upon home runs to win games.


-This series was huge. With the Mets and Marlins stumbling a bit this weekend, the Phils opened up a little bit of lead going into this week's series against the Marlins.

No comments: