Sunday, January 03, 2010

Total, Utter Disgrace


Today was one of those games where I had the feeling the Birds were out of it from the very first drive. You could just tell something was amiss. Dallas was a step ahead on offense and when the Birds got the ball, the Cowboys defense just punished D Mac and the rest of the offense. It was one of the more depressing games in recent memory. Clearly, Dallas has passed us again. They are much better on defense and their offense is a ton more consistent and physical than ours.


I am hopeful that today's game is the one that finally convinces the Birds to put a higher premium on Linebacker play. Our LB's were non existent today and I don't know if there is a replacement on the roster. (I'll say it now...I want a first round LB in this year's upcoming draft from the SEC. Give me biggest, fastest LB available - Brandon Spikes of Florida would be nice.) There are huge holes at Safety that the Cowboys absolutely exposed today. The Cowboys matriculated up and down the field and it seemed like the Birds were helpless to stop them.


On the offensive side of the ball, things don't appear as hopeless. It seemed as though there were plays to be made, but the Birds couldn't execute. There were dropped balls, protection breakdowns, inaccurate passes and questionable play calling. I think the Birds can score next week on the 'Boys, but they will have to execute well and Andy will have to "put people in position to make plays".


I can't imagine a more frustrating way to head back to work after the holidays. The Eagles blew their only chance at having a legit shot at getting back to the 'Bowl and to top things off, I got blown out in my fantasy league final. Now, I have work to look forward to going back to work in frigid conditions.


Ugh....Back to the real world.


3 comments:

gump said...

Amen brother!!

Anonymous said...

what a mess. I have little faith that Philly will figure things out in a week, but hopefully i'm wrong.

Tom F.

Anonymous said...

they win this week, but you're accurate that the SB is now a pipe dream. the home game and bye was mandatory and this team will have nothing left in new orleans in two weeks.

i hope they keep 5 as i'm not ready for the kevin kolb era.