Sunday, November 23, 2008

Absolute Train Wreck


In the game that officially sealed the fates of Andy Reid and Donovan McNabb, the Birds got whupped in every aspect of the game in a 36 to 7 loss to the Baltimore Ravens.


After last week's embarrassment, if you needed any more evidence of why this franchise needs to blow it up and start over again, you got it today. The offensive line is brutal. The running backs are soft. The tight ends are absolutely useless when run blocking. If you looked up "pedestrian wide receivers" in the dictionary, you'd have Kevin Curtis and Reggie Brown staring back at you. The QB's (it didn't matter if it was D Mac or Kolb) were terrible. I suppose the defense wasn't terrible, but the team did give up 36 points, which means you can't spare them any criticism.


Overall, I'm just tired of this franchise. I was willing to over look how annoying Reid, Lurie and Banner can be when they were winning big in the early 90's, but I've now had enough. I don't like these guys. I really want some personality on this team. I can't stand how vanilla they are. I can't stand how they try to win with two or three highly talented guys and then a roster full of muckers and grinders. I want some top notch talent, but that would require the team to draft well, which they haven't done when they aren't trading away picks for a rainy day.


I'm just flat out annoyed. I want Steve Spagnuolo as the new head coach. I want a real GM. I want a new QB. I just want change, but the type of change you can believe in. Not a new guy that promises change, gets a job based upon said promised change and then hires a staff full of also rans from a previous regime.


With that, I'm out.

6 comments:

George said...

I make my annual turn to football on Sunday after the final NASCAR race and this is what I get to watch? Brutal. Then after the Eagles game gets ugly I flip through the dial to find something else to watch and I am left with women's golf, bullriding, or poker. It will be a long three months until Daytona.

Incidentally, I said in August that I wanted Favre and PSP blasted me. Care to retract your statements about Favre and the first place Jets?

Favre = winner.

Jon1BSP said...

Women's golf, bullriding and poker are examples of Karma biting you in the @ss for watching guys drive in circles!

Go Flyers!

Jon1BSP said...

Too bad they didn't lose again. Your next post could've been titled "Train Wreck 2: Electric Boogaloo."

I know...it's terrible.

gump said...

Muller, it may have been terrible, but at least it's better than what "The Phan" has come up with this past week!! Yo, who's steering this ship anyway??

Anonymous said...

RIP Philly Sports Fan. Its been fun.

Anonymous said...

Holy Crap you really mailed in the last 3 weeks.