Sunday, November 23, 2008

PSP's EAGLES' PICK

After last week's debacle, expectations are very low. Very low. My wife didn't even dress up my daughter in her Eagles' jersey. The general consensus seems to be that D Mac and Reid are done (which I agree with, by the way.) However, if those two have any guts, they'll come out with a good performance this week. The only problem is that they'll be facing the Ravens defense which I think could shut them down and remind us of how bad they are on the offensive side of the ball.

The only problem is that the Ravens aren't much better on offense either. Jim Johnson usually comes up with great game plans against young players, so we could be faced with another 13 to 10 type game.

Since most teams react well to the whole "everyone is against us" routine, I see the Birds coming out on the positive side of a 13-10 game.

(By the way, I'm secretly hoping that Ray Rice busts loose for about 150 and 2 td's, but that's just me.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well it looks like the McNabb era in Philly is over. But, as usual, when some fans get what they wish for, Kold looked even worse. I think they better use McNabb and those picks to move up to get a franchise QB or this will be a very ugly time for Philadelphia football for a very long time.

Anonymous said...

Reid or Donovan?

I think Fat Andy needs to go not the QB. I would love to see Donovan under another coach here in Philly. Our record in close games, our inability to execute on 3rd and 1, the run pass ratio, I put these all on the coach. The fact we're reluctant to have a #1 WR, trading out of the first round twice. All the misses in FA and the draft. All Reid.

Donovan will take the blame and he'll be gone, but i don't buy its all on him. We're in worst shape w/ Reid than we are w/ the QB.
The play calling is terrible, they