Sunday, November 02, 2008

Chase Utley: My Love Grows For You Every Day

You've all seen it, but here's the video of Chase Utley's vocabulary malfunction (as the Daily News coined it) at the end of Parade Rally at the Ballpark:



I might be in the minority here, but I have no problem with what Chase said. (And judging by my language on the blog lately, I'm sure my opinion is no surprise to you.) I thought he expressed the sentiments of the entire Delaware Valley. We are still a little shocked by the fact that we are World Champs and we just have emphasize it a little bit to remind ourselves it wasn't just a dream.

Although, I'm sure there are many out there that thought it was totally inappropriate since there were kids at the Ball Park and watching on TV. I know my wife and in laws were appalled and looked at with disdain when I chuckled loudly as soon as the words left his mouth.

Whatever your opinion of Chase's comments, you have to agree with me that his statement cemented him as an All Time Philly hero. He might eventually move Mike Schmidt off the Mt. Rushmore of Philly Athletes if he keeps up his play on the field.

2 comments:

George said...

Trade this guy. Total lack of class. Made the city look bad. Anybody who has a kid knows that the kid repeats everything he hears. You can't say stuff like that when millions of people are watching. So foolish.

Anonymous said...

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER take this post down. It is now my go to clip when the eagles, lose, tie and bascially I now go to after every game they play - just to remember what it feels like to be a fan of athletes who at leat appear to give a crap about the game, winning and the fans. As for those who think it was inappropriate - get over yourselves, I know my 6 year old heard a lot worse when he was Cit Bank this year.