Sunday, December 13, 2009

PSP's EAGLES' PICK


With the Cowboys' predictable December swoon continuing (I guess I better start working on that post comparing the end of year slumps of the Mets and Cowboys), tonight's game just got infinitely more interesting.

The Birds are fighting to take sole possession of first place. The Giants can see a clear path to the playoffs if they win tonight.

Normally, in this type of situation, I like the team fighting for their playoff lives as opposed to the team that is just fighting for playoff seeding. However, I think I'm going to stray from that this evening.

Something drastically changed in the dynamics of this rivalry the day Plaxico Burress decided to pop a cap in his thigh. When the G Men had Plaxico on the field, the Birds had absolutely no answer for him. He was the Giants' Atomic Bomb. He was the solution every time things got tough. Without him, it seems like the Birds know that the G Men are playing without their biggest weapon and play with a lot more confidence. The defense can focus on the Giants run game and it seems like the offense (when playing up in the Meadowlands) makes enough plays to win.

Now that the rain seems to be moving out, I like the Birds 28-17. I think we will be giving a warm welcome back to De Sean Jackson and a fond farewell to Giants Stadium.
(By the way, if the football gods see to it that Brandon Jacobs scores both of those TD's on 60 yard+ runs, I'd really appreciate it as I need him big time tonight to win a fantasy playoff game!)

No comments: