Thursday, October 30, 2008

Who Doesn't Love A Parade?


I will certainly be at the Parade tomorrow as the CEO of my company graciously decided to allow anyone who is interested to go to the parade at 11:30 am tomorrow, as long as they are Phillies phans. Mets fans are required to work a full day.


If anyone is interested in going, give me a call or email me. I am not going to miss this one as I was too young for the Flyers' parades in the 70's, the Phils' in 1980 and the Sixers in 1983. This will be my first foray into a parade. Should be quite interesting. I have a feeling we might see 2 million people come into Center City for the parade. It is going to be friggin' crazy.


If you're planning on driving, don't. Unless, you are planning on driving to Gloucester City and canoeing across the river. I highly suggest PATCO. It was created for days like tomorrow.


Enjoy it people. We've had it coming to us for 25 years.


Phinally, I'm going to get some rest. This postseason has chewed me up and spit me out. I need a vacation.
By the way, here are some great videos of the last out from the stadium:





5 comments:

George said...

Your CEO is the man. I will be toiling away at work.

st. joe's nick said...

I was there right outside my building. Simply awesome.

Anonymous said...

Loved every second of it. Even got home in time to see the stuff in CBP at the ebd. Talk about medlum :-p

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the win T! I hope you, Voegs and all enjoyed the parade today. I would have liked to see it. I can't claim to be a tried and true Phils fan, but I am happy to see them win, give the city what it deserves, and most importantly allow fans like you and yours to come out as winners after so many years of blood, sweat, tears and suffering! Cheers!

Philly Phan said...

Thanks, Steve. It was pretty awesome to witness something that I was starting to think would never happen, especially after the rain delay thing, but it worked out for the best and the Phils won. I really think the law of averages caught up to Philly. Christ, they've been in the final 4 of sports something like 10 times in 25 years....one of those times, you are bound to get the bounces and win a title.

Nick, I have to agree. The parade was totally amazing (I know I sound like some young chick on the Bachelor, but it is true.) I've been to Nascar races where it seems like there are masses of humanity everywhere you looked, but this parade was multiples of anything I've ever seen. 2 million friggin people. Unbelievable.