Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Completely Depressing


I don't know have a whole lot to say about tonight's Flyers' game. The Orange & Black completely controlled play, but simply could not get the puck past Marc Andre Fleury.


It looks like we have an early summer coming for the Flyers and I'm completely depressed. No one loves playoff hockey more than me, but it seems we are going to be deprived a long playoff run so that Gary Bettman can push his fair haired boys (Crosby and Malkin) deep into the playoffs this Spring.


All that being said, the refs didn't lose the game for us tonight. Instead, I think the league (and the refs) wanted us to win. Think about it...if the Flyers win tonight, that guarantees a Game 6 which is scheduled to occur on Saturday with the game being carried on NBC. There is no way the NHL wants to miss another opportunity to promote Crosby. I'd be shocked if the refs didn't give the Flyers another 8 power plays on Thursday.


Anyhow, I have taken a few things from this series...


1) Claude Giroux is a complete stud. He may be the best young athlete in Philly. I don't know when our moron coach will figure it out, but our best passer (Giroux) should probably be playing on a line with our best goal scorer (Jeff Carter.)


2) Joffrey Lupul blows. Next year he will get paid $4.2M. I want his agent. This guy will be one of the most overpaid players in hockey next year and pretty much untradeable.


3) Matt Carle is not terrible, but he's overpaid also.


4) If Randy Jones was a dog, his owner would mercifully put him down. He needs to go also.


5) If someone could harness what we got from Dan Carcillo tonight, I think you'd have a serviceable 3rd/4th liner.


6) If the Flyers lose tonight, at least we'll be spared Coatesy's ridiculous playoff beard.


7) Now that B Dawk no longer plays in Philly, the bravest warrior playing in our city is Kimmo Timonen.


8) Speaking of B Dawk...I think we found his replacement. He wears #18 for the Flyers. Mike Richards just kills people in open ice.


9) Mike Knuble is done. He probably should not be re-signed this offseason.


10) Martin Biron hasn't lost the Flyers any of these games.


11) Jeff Carter is snake bit.


12) The Flyers desperately need a big center to match up against bigger centers like Staal and Malkin.


13) I won't say much about those fairies wearing Black and Gold from the Western part of PA, but that Sidney Crosby kills me. Just flat out slays me. I can't stand the man from his B.S. first goal that should have never counted to how he mouthed off to our phans at the end of the game. I don't think I will be able to put up with him for the next decade.


Ok, enough said. This game has just ripped the heart out of me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

snaxxx
bla bla bla . . the flyers are just not that good this year.

the kid (crosby) is good !it's that simple.

so if crosby was to be traded to the flyers how would you feel ??