Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Schedule Day


Tonight, the NFL finally got around to announcing the 2009 schedule. So, let's get right to it and look at what the Birds have in front of them for 2009 (my projected result is in brackets):

Sun, Sep 13 @ Carolina 1:00 PM [L]
Sun, Sep 20 New Orleans 1:00 PM [W]
Sun, Sep 27 Kansas City 1:00 PM [W]
BYE WEEK
Sun, Oct 11 Tampa Bay 1:00 PM [W]
Sun, Oct 18 @ Oakland 4:05 PM [W]
Mon, Oct 26 @ Washington 8:30 PM ESPN [L]
Sun, Nov 1 NY Giants 4:15 PM [W]
Sun, Nov 8 Dallas 8:20 PM [W]
Sun, Nov 15 @ San Diego 4:15 PM [L]
Sun, Nov 22 @ Chicago 8:20 PM [L]
Sun, Nov 29 Washington 1:00 PM [W]
Sun, Dec 6 @ Atlanta 1:00 PM [L]
Sun, Dec 13 @ NY Giants 8:20 PM [L]
Sun, Dec 20 San Francisco 1:00 PM [W]
Sun, Dec 27 Denver 1:00 PM [W]
Sun, Jan 3 @ Dallas 1:00 PM [L]

Yup, I have them at 9-7. Just about where they were last year. I have them getting off to a great start (6-2), but then limping to the finish when the schedule gets noticeably tougher.

The big question then appears to be: Will 9 wins be enough to get them back to the playoffs? I really don't think so. They can't be that lucky twice in a row.

I will add another prediction....B Dawk will be injured and won't play in his return to Philly. I hope I'm wrong, but he's pretty old, Denver sucks and it is a loooooonngg year. I can foresee an injury late in the year that will keep him out.

Although, let me add one caveat. If they somehow do something spectacular at the draft and make a trade for an established veteran (which I believe is doubtful), my prediction is subject to change.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So, you have them 1-7 in road games and 8-0 at home. Nice tidy job, but you know it doesn't work that way.

Atlanta will struggle this year and we should win that one. We owe the Bears after last season's joke. 11-5 min.