Sunday, April 19, 2009

What A Day!


I challenge you to find a more positive day in all of Philly Sports. Let's us review all that occurred today:


(1) the Flyers broke through and beat the Pens in one of the more enjoyable games to watch since Gary Bettman castrated the league coming out of the lockout. As much as I loved the style of this game, I am 100% confident that we see a steady stream of penalties to calm things down in Game 4.


By the way, I can't believe the announcers missed making a big deal about this, but Jared Ross scored his first NHL goal today in the third period. He's from Alabama...repeat, Ala-freakin'-Bama! He has to be the first guy to score a goal in the NHL born from Alabama, right? Terrible research job by the NBC crew. They should have commented on that. I am a demanding television consumer and these are things I want to know.


(2) The Sixers won their playoff opener against the Magic. Since I did not watch a second of this game, I don't feel qualified to talk about it. I'll let my buddy the Captain (the only friend I have that still watches the Sixers) add a comment about how great a win this was. Personally, I don't have any ill will towards them, but I wrote them off a couple weeks ago when they were losing to the likes of the Bobcats and Raptors.


(3) Raul Ibanez hit a two run walk off home run to give the Phils a very much needed victory. Is there any doubt that Ibanez has been the best Phillie through the first 11 games?


(4) the Birds unveiled their new Pro Bowl left tackle, Jason Peters, to the media.


What a day! I can't remember when I have felt this good about our teams at the same time.

6 comments:

Philly Phan said...

Where is everyone today?

sbotts said...

Thanks for the props last week!!!

Thank God no one and I mean no one listens to DK...
And I quote " I know all 3 philly teams blow, but they are playing at 1, 3 and 5. Anyone wanna bother watching? Because I may be willing to suffer through the mediocrity."

After this bold prediction, 3-0 yesterday for the Philly Sports Teams... REVERSE MUSH

Anonymous said...

Great day, Sixers came back from 18down on the road to make this series interesting. We have no answer for Howard inside, but we found a way. Iguodala with all his faults, does have a knack for hitting the big shot at the buzzer. I remember 2 or 3 (including yesterday) that's he's made to win a game. Little AI never ever had this ability.

Anonymous said...

not sure this is sports, but it does need to be debated. Google "Real Sports banning Dodge Ball" The fags (our parents) are trying to ban dodge ball in schools and one school went so far as to ban the game "Tag" Now our youth plays something called shadow tag they don't have to come in contact with one another. This whole f'en country is going in the toilet.

I was at the supermarket and was shocked to see the "Organic" section was almost as large as the normal produce section. What's happened?

George said...

Ross is the ONLY player from Alabama in NHL history.

I said in the first game of the year that Ibanez is three times the player Burrell was. Can we stop with the Pat Burrell hero stuff now?

Philly Phan said...

Capt, I heard Stern talking about Shadow tag this morning. This country has issues. BIG ISSUES.