Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Cole Hamels: Absolute Stud


Sorry guys, but I have to point out that Cole Hamels is freakin' awesome. I love this guy. When he fully harnesses his powers, he will be unstoppable.

In case you missed it. Here's his pitching line from tonight's dominating performance: 8 innings pitched, 4 hits, 1 Earned Run, 3 Strike Outs and 2 Walks.

We don't need an "Ace". Cole is our "Number One". It's becoming clear that the Wife Beater is our #2. I'll take Wolfie as a #4 and Moyer as a #5 next year. If they can dump Lieber and pick up a #3, our staff will be set. (Wait...who am I kidding? The Phils haven't had a complete staff in my life time. I'm getting way ahead of myself.)

Anyone who has been following this site can pretty much figure out that I'm enjoying this team. Do they have warts? ABSOLUTELY! But there is a playoff spot to had and I'm rolling with Howard and Hamels for the rest of the season.

No comments: