Wednesday, August 23, 2006

EMAIL OF THE DAY


I was sitting here today trying to figure out how to best express my frustration with the upcoming Eagles season when I received this email from a buddy:
Now that Ashley Lelie has been traded to the Falcons, it looks like our number 2 receiver behind Reggie Brown will be an undrafted rookie free agent. Last year, Reggie Brown was our 3rd or 4th receiver. Westbrook hasn’t practiced since the hall of fame game due to injury. They don’t sign Stephen Davis. Buckhalter hasn’t played in 2 years. This is getting ugly.
Thanks, Tony G. You summed up my frustration in five simple sentences. Although, I would like to add that the most frustrating thing for me is that these holes were evident at the end of season, but the Birds chose not to address these needs.

Decisions like these eat away at the very core of my being. I keep saying it, but if the Birds stand pat at running back and wide receiver, it’s going to be a long season, folks.

2 comments:

George said...

You need to bash Eagles management the same way you bash Clarkie. They are even more stubborn.

Philly Phan said...

Come on, dude....Clarkie must be hitting the bottle...how else do you explain the signing of all those less than average players. He made one good trade and one better than average signing.

As for the Birds...most of my Eagles' buddies say I'm being too negative.