Tuesday, August 29, 2006

The Season Is On The Line


Ok, that headline may be a tad bit dramatic, but if the Phils want to stay in the Wild Card hunt, then they better take this series against the Nats. In fact, if they really want to be a factor, I suggest they sweep these guys. Hamels, Wolfie, the Wife Beater and someone in the every day lineup not named Ryan Howard better bring their A games or the season is over. I don’t know if you noticed, but Howard was the only to show up for the Mets series. Chase, Delucci, and Victorino better step it up and give the Big Man some help because he desperately needs it.

Sorry, it is as easy as this: win two games or call it a season. If they lose two games in this series, it will be all Eagles, all the time on this site. I’ll turn the keys on this blog over to my buddy George to keep you guys updated on the coming and goings of the Phils, as I’m pretty sure he’ll be the only one still watching them.

No comments: