Thursday, August 10, 2006

Here We Go Again....


Jeez, that sure didn't take long. B West is hurt again. As I said in my Weekend Wrap Up post, I always hold my breath whenever the fragile little back from that pretentious school on the Main Line gets the ball. After only 7 touches on the opening drive of Monday's preseason opener, Westbrook is already nicked up and due not to play in tonight's game against the Browns.

Right now, the Birds say it is only a sprain in the foot which was not operated on last season, but this is not the start this team was hoping for. Without a top flight wide receiver, B West is being counted upon to be the Birds' major offensive weapon. However, if his prior injury history is any indication, this could be a long season, folks. Buckle up.

Although, I'm sure Reid's back up plan of Reno Mahe and Correll Buckhalter will work out for us just fine. (If you can't tell, I'm already not a happy camper.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You, my friend, are a little worked up over nothing at this point. Assuming that it is just a sprain, so what. I would rather he sit out all of these meaningless games and be ready, rested and focused on the regular season. He'll be fine come opening day. At least he's not the one telling us he'll be out of this preseason game, as is the problem down in big D.

Philly Phan said...

I realize he's not hurt that bad right now, but does his injury history ease you at all? Didn't think so.