Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Attention Deficit Disorder


After watching the Flyers as of late, I am totally convinced they have ADD. They can play like world beaters for long stretches of time then they fall asleep for a couple of minutes and give up back breaking goals or take ridiculous penalties that lead to power play goals. Tonight's 3-2 loss to the Coyotes after carrying a 2-0 lead late into the second period.

Anyhow, is anyone else getting nervous that the first quarter of the Flyers' season was a mirage and the inconsistent Flyers of late is the real identity of this team? Lord, I hope not. I was really starting to think this team may have a shot to be something this year.

Maybe I should lighten up. The Orange and Black have played the last 10 games or so without their best goal scorer and they just traded for Jimmy Vandemeer which has to help their defense. (I just friggin' wish they'd bring in another defenseman that can move the puck.)

Well, I guess we'll see if this move and the return of Gagne helps the Flyers get back on track starting Friday night in Buffalo. They haven't had a lot of success there over the years, so this should be a pretty interesting game to start off the weekend.

On a totally unrelated note, I'm watching the Big Lebowski on Showtime as I write this. The scene where John Goodman destroys the Corvette, all the while yelling "Larry, this is what happens to you when you f^&k a stranger in the ass", never fails to leave me dying of laughter. God, I love movies by the Coen Brothers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

cricket cricket cricket

Anonymous said...

after the collapse against buffalo, i've seen all i need to see. this is a .500 team at best which will get them to the playoffs but nothing more.