Sunday, February 24, 2008

Deja Vu

At this point in my life as a Philadelphia Sports Phan, I feel that I have said this over and over again, but can things get any lower in this city?

-The Flyers losing streak is now at 10 games. Saturday's game was a heartbreaker. The Orange and Black were only 3.7 seconds away from ending the streak before Florida scored the tying goal and then won the game in OT.

-To make matters worse, the Flyers lost All Star Mike Richards in the process for three weeks with a partially torn hammy. Folks, this is the straw that broke the camel's back. It's all over. Yeah, I know they are only a point out of a playoff spot, but with all these injuries, it's really unlikely that they can climb back into a playoff spot.

-How typical is this one: While making his first pitch of Spring Training, newly acquired closer Brad Lidge re-injures his right knee and needs another surgery which will cause him to miss 4 to 6 weeks. Sounds an awful lot like last year's prize acquisition, Freddy Garcia, huh?

-I just watched Andy Reid say on Sports Final that we should not expect any major signings in free agency. Great...I guess they'll just have to make do with the members of last year's 8-8 team.

-Mike Patterson was pinched for possession of weed and surely will be suspended for a couple weeks at the beginning of next season.

Seriously, you can't make this shit up anymore. What do we need to do to remove the Black Cloud following this city? Do we need a witch doctor or feng shui expert to try and reverse the curse that was cast on Philly? I really can't figure it out. If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them.

I don't know about you guys, but it's seriously getting depressing around here. I'm thinking of taking up another hobby. Maybe I'll start working out again and become damn sexy again. Who the eff am I kidding? That ain't happening. So, I guess I'll stick to our rotten sports teams.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

i almost puked up my pizza. you and sexy in the same sentence. awh.

Jon1BSP said...

As far as the city goes, it sounds like someone has been stealing Jobu's rum. And as we all know, it's very bad to steal Jobu's rum.

Goddam Flyers...whenever someone around me brings up hockey I tell them to shut up nowadays.

Anonymous said...

Phils:

typical, a FA pitcher is hurt. We seem to pick up an injured pitcher every single year, count on him to be somebody then when he fails miserably we do it again. Its Groundhog Day.

Hopefully this procedure alleviates the issue, but i wouldn't count on it.

Anonymous said...

How do you think MP got that weed with the two Reid boys incarcerated?

TF

Jon1BSP said...

That's pretty good!

Philly Phan said...

Who the hell is eating pizza at 7:45 am? Is that some sort of breakfast pizza?

Anonymous said...

pizza for breakfast. u should try it.