Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Free Fallin'


The Flyers dropped their 4th straight tonight. I can't give you the final score because I gave up on this one with about 3 minutes left and the Flyers killing yet another brutal Derian Hatcher penalty.

I don't know what left me more miserable this evening: (1) The Flyers' performance against the last place Isles; (2) Vs.' coverage of the game; (3) Having to chisel the friggin' ice off my car this evening to get home; or (4) the reality that my house ain't selling anytime soon.

The injuries are starting to take a toll. This team needs Briere to really step up for the first time this season and carry the team for a week or two until Coburn, Upshall and maybe Gagne come back. Times like these are why you pay a guy a $7M+ a season. Now, would also be a good time for Mike Richards to get his scoring touch back.

In any event, I was really hoping for a fun game to watch tonight. On icy, frigid nights like tonight, hockey is supposed to get you through the evening. It didn't happen for us tonight. I suppose I'll turn to American Idol for a little entertainment.
************************************************************
By the way, I'm aware that the Sixers are on a winning streak of some sort, but I'm refusing to mention them positively until they get to .500. I just can't get into the NBA anymore. The sport has lost me.

2 comments:

Jon1BSP said...

The way the division is all bunched up, they really can't afford this right now.

And is it me, or does it seem like Fedotenko just kills the Flyers, no matter what team he's on??

Anonymous said...

pitchers and catchers tomorrow.