Monday, February 25, 2008

Free At Last! Free At Last! Thank God Almighty We Are Free At Last!


Tonight, your Philadelphia Flyers ended their horrid 10 game losing streak. To add a degree difficulty to the equation, they fell behind 3-0 before scoring three straight to force O.T. and then won the game in the shootout....yes, they won a game in the f'n shootout. I'm still shocked by this development. I was about to turn the game off when it went to the shootout thinking they had no chance. Thank God I stuck with the game.

By the way, is there any coincidence that the ten game losing streak started when it looked like Peter Forsberg was going to come back to Philly and the losing streak ended the day he signed with another team? Look, I'll never doubt that Foppa is a great, great player, but he brings bad ju ju to this team. I'm glad he's playing in Denver and not here.

One last note, I still think Danny Briere is incredibly soft, but it was great to see him clinch the victory in the shootout. I think he deserved a little success.

2 comments:

George said...

I didn't think that we would ever see another Flyers shootout win in our lifetime. I think it was fortunate that Roy fanned on his attempt to take Biron off the hook. Usually Biron has his rear end planted inside the net and the shooters just pick a spot to beat him. If Buffalo was smart, they wouldn't have even wasted their time with trying to deke.

Jon1BSP said...

Goddam it. I like watching hockey. I didn't see last night's game, and now I can't watch any more lest I jinx them.

Crap.