Sunday, May 18, 2008

Best Decision I've Made In Years


I know we're all down that the Flyers' season came to crushing end this afternoon, but I have a confession to make....


I missed most of the game while golfing. I did catch the first period, which in retrospect was all I needed to see, but that was only because rain interrupted my round.


From what I've seen in the highlights, I didn't miss anything. Plus, the more I think of it, I'm glad I missed today's game. I now only have good memories of this team. I can head into the offseason with a clear vision of what our Orange & Black can become next year.


However, we all must come to grips on something. Pittsburgh is good. Real good. They might be a bunch of whining little bitches, but those little bitches can play and they are in our division, which means they will be road blocks for the foreseeable future. From here on out, our thinking needs to change.


For years and years, Clarkie molded this team in an effort to beat the Devils. Now, we must look for players that will match up with Crosby, Malkin and Crew. I think this series showed that we need another scoring forward, a good defensive centerman and at least two more defensemen.


In any event, I just want to thank the Flyers for a fun, enjoyable season. They came so far in just one season. I'm pretty Flyered up for the future.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great run, work to do, but on the right start. That applies to the Flyers and your golf game.

George said...

From what I saw, they didn't even belong on the same sheet of ice with the Penguins. They have a long way to go.

Anonymous said...

umm...a scoring forward (insert Gagne)....2 solid defenseman (insert Coburn and Timmonen)....we're not that far off my friend, hate to blame injuries, but.......
As for you not watching game 5, with the return of both injured defenseman, I thought we were witnessing history, and then the groundhog brought me back to Game 7 versus Buffalo, over and over again!! I guess you did make a wise decision!!! Biggest concern off-season, do they bring Prospal back?