Thursday, May 15, 2008

We Live To Play Another Day


I'm thrilled that we won tonight and I have another game to watch before the season ends, but I'm truly not surprised. The NHL totally choreographed this victory. There was no way that the NHL, Gary Bettman, the referees and the Head Of NBC Sports were going to let the Flyers get swept and prevent NBC from showing at least one game showing their Game Of Week on Sunday afternoon.


I told a bunch of people today that the refs would turn their heads away from several calls and make a few others to give our Flyers a chance. There was no way the NHL was losing the opportunity to broadcast their fair haired boy. I really don't care if this was a charity win. I'll take it. Hoefully, we can build on this.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate who you've become. A sniffly, whining, little bitch. They took it to the Pens tonite. Now, we can argure the Fly Guys were playing for pride and/or the Pens had a let down, but the result is the same. IF and its a big if, we grab a lead on Sunday and play w/ the same intensity, its pucker up time for the Penguins come next Tuesday.

Quit making apologies for our sports teams. The WHOW is ME mantra is not sexy at all.

JK

Anonymous said...

Reports are that Coburn and Timonen may play Sunday. If that's true it will be a HUGE boost to the team and we legitimately have a chance of winning in Pitts and taking this to a game 6. The last time a team ever came from a 3-0 deficit to win the series was against the Penguins. Can history repeat itself? Can there be a Detroit-Flyers re-match? OK, I'm a realist so I know that answer to that question but its still exciting to think of the possibilities isn't it?

Anonymous said...

Reports are that Coburn and Timonen may play Sunday. If that's true it will be a HUGE boost to the team and we legitimately have a chance of winning in Pitts and taking this to a game 6. The last time a team ever came from a 3-0 deficit to win the series was against the Penguins. Can history repeat itself? Can there be a Detroit-Flyers re-match? OK, I'm a realist so I know that answer to that question but its still exciting to think of the possibilities isn't it?

Jon1BSP said...

I'm wondering if the wife will be letting Tone back in the house after that opening rant.

Man...tough woman!

Anonymous said...

Loved the ass whuppin Hatcher gave at the horn last nite. I have to give this squad credit, they don't quit and have given 100% all playoff season. They deserve some credit and a punchers chance on Sunday.

They've earned my respect, and JK's too. Thanks MRS. D for smacking light loafers around.

Capt.