Tuesday, May 13, 2008

It's All Over. Thanks For A Great Season


After tonight, it's become abundantly clear. The Flyers have brought a knife to a gun fight.
Unfortunately, while the Pens are at the top of their powers, the Flyers have been neutered by the loss of their two top defensemen. I still believe they could have competed in this series with a healthy Kimmo and Coburn, but at this point what does it matter? There's nothing left in this series, but the crying because this series is O-V-E-R. I just hope they can either win a game, or more preferably, take out Malkin or Crosby.

In any event, this was a wildly successful season. I don't think anyone expected them to get to the Eastern Conference Finals. I just can't wait to see what Holmgren does with another offseason. After what he did last year, I can only imagine what he'll do this summer.

This series is not goodbye. It is hello. I have the distinct feeling that we're going to see many more postseason runs by this team. They just have that gritty, gutty feel to me.

3 comments:

George said...

Biron is back to his old self, and I have had enough of Lupul and Upshall. I wouldn't be sad to see either of them go when Gagne comes back.

Jon1BSP said...

Ah, I can't agree with you George. Lupul and Upshall I think are gonna be part of the future.

Give it one year. I know guys can play out of their minds for a season when they first get to a team, and then slack off after that. If that's the case, then adios muchacho! Or however you spell that.

George said...

I might give Lupul some more time because of the injuries he had, but be sure not to mistake Upshall's "grit" for skill. He was a disappointment all season. The stupid penalties, the fake diving that does nothing except take him out of the play, and the little point production has soured me. There is a reason that he was a healthy scratch a few times. As for Lupul, he cannot hit the broad side of a barn when he shoots the puck.