Monday, November 19, 2007

Conspiracy?


I've heard various theories on why D Mac didn't come back into the game yesterday. Since the Birds looked so bad yesterday, I've decided to focus on the McNabb issue as it is full of intrigue.

My own personal theory was that if this had two or three years ago, D Mac would have fought to get back on the field. However, now that the Birds are no longer fully committed to him having drafted Kevin Kolb last year and rumors running rampant that he won't be here in '08, he figures why should he risk himself. I favor this theory as it sure seems that the veterans on this team have been alienated by the front office. They don't go the extra mile for them, so why should they go above and beyond. I felt pretty good about this theory until I talked to my main man, Vincent T.

Vinny pointed out that when D Mac came back on the field he sure looked like he was ready to go back in the game. He wasn't wearing a coat, but looked like he was about to pick up a ball and start warming up his arm. His point was that it sure looked like the whole team knew that McNabb was being benched, but D Mac still thought he was going on. He also pointed out that McNabb didn't have ice on his ankle, nor did he put the warm up jacket on until it was pretty clear that he was not going back in. Thinking back on yesterday's events, I think Vin may be right.

Was D Mac benched, told to just sit tight and it was not worth risking further injury, or did D Mac just decide he wasn't going back out there. Personally, I don't think he was benched. I think Reid would have given him more time to right the ship. I also think if my initial thoughts were true, it eventually would have been discovered by the media. I guess that leaves the second option by default.

What do you fellas think?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I completely agree! My Dad & I were talking about it and we agreed that his "injury" came at a god time.