Friday, November 09, 2007

Win if you may, lose if you must, but alway try


Ok, this is a first for the Philly Sports Phan. I'm sitting here with my boy, S. Botts, and he has convinced to me to do a live blog of the 4th Quarter of the RU/Army blow out because everything is ok....with a little Tanquer-AYYYYYYYY.


My man Botts has been to the West Point Campus under the pseudonym of Drunk Rocco. He tells me that this place is a must see of American History, let alone College Campuses. It is absolutely picturesque and the Hudson at West Point puts the Raritan River to shame. There is more history there than we could explain in a simple little drunken post like this. So anyhow, lets do a little recap.


RU gets off to a slow start. They then pull their starting QB in favor of a guy named Jabu and there has no looking back.


It is now the 4th quarter and we have a good load on and pretty bored by the competitive aspect of this game since Army's passing game makes Koy Detmer and Bobby Hoying look like Dan Marino. Anyhow, I'm not real sure if this game is a precursor for the last two RU games, but I'm sure effing hope so because I'd love to take a road trip to the Meineke Car Care Bowl.


If you are are laughing at the prospects of me getting overly excited over a trip to Charlotte, NC, then I suppose you either don't have a kid or have forgotten what it is like to have an infant.


Ok, I'm signing off as I need a refill.

7 comments:

Jon1BSP said...

Great grammer Drunky.

Anonymous said...

why would anyone spend a firday nite w/ sbotts.

Jon1BSP said...

Whoops...grammar.

Anonymous said...

Hey Tone, were you perhaps "getting a load on" during that game? I think in the 6 text messages you sent me that night, you mentioned you were getting a load on about 8 times! You must have been sotally tober. Of course, you were out with friends and I was sitting at home drinking alone in my basement, but...

Anonymous said...

...but at leat I can spell "grammer" properly!

Philly Phan said...

Hey...for the hang over I woke up on Sat morning, I'm pretty pleased w/ that post. Does it make 100% sense? No, but it ain't bad.

Anonymous said...

True dat