Sunday, November 18, 2007

LIVE EAGLES BLOG


I've been toying with the idea of doing a live Eagles' blog all season. However, it seems like I never get the chance because I always end up watching the game somewhere other than my place. Since the opportunity has finally presented itself, I might as well take advantage of it.

So, here we go. Hopefully, my football genius shines through.

I join you with 2 minutes left in the 1st quarter. D Mac threw a red zone INT and now the Fins are on the move.

-I really loved to see D Mac run earlier in the game. It seems that D Coordinators are no longer respecting his running ability, so he might as well take advantage of defenses neglecting him.

-I knew I should have picked up Ted Ginn in fantasy...he's going to have a big day.

-Thank God the refs bailed out the Birds there.

-LJ is terrible (it hurts me to say that). I think he has ADD.

-This field looks terrible. However, I hate to sound like Joe Banner, but even though it looks brutal, I don't see anyone slipping.

With that we come to the end of the first quarter scoreless. Both teams have mounted one decent drive but come away scoreless. I think my prediction about an ugly game is about to come to fruition...or "fruitation" as a Nascar driver once said.

SECOND QUARTER

-This friggin' song on the I Touch commercial is growing on me like a fungus.

-Lito really needs to catch that potential INT.

-As amazing as Ted Ginn is, these announcers are just as brutal.

-Chris Gocong and Stewart Bradley over ran that punt, but where was the rest of the coverage team?

-This day is shaping up to look very ominous. Dark and foreboding. I was talking about the Birds' offense...not the weather. (Is this thing on?)

-Sorry about that...my mother called and kept me occupied. Since she called, D Mac has thrown an INT and his career looks to have ended. Let the Kevin Kold era begin!

-The Capt's boy AJ comes in. Within 5 minutes he texts me: "AJ has spunk" and then totally changes his mind to say "he looks scared".

-That pick by AJ was why he has been cut by both the Dolphins and Chargers. Just a horrible decision. Where was he throwing that?

-Ankle X Rays for McNabb....is there any doubt that it is not broken?

-I might as well take a nap. We can't protect AJ and he looks about as confident as Cholly Manuel does when he makes a double switch.

- We escape to a half time only down 7-3. Does anyone think either team scores again at this rate?

THIRD QUARTER:

-McNabb comes back on the field with the team. Not one of the announcers mentions it.

-Rich Gannon needs to start his broadcast career doing games at the Prep. He is terrible.

-McNabb looks to be healthy, but they stay with Feeley...could this lead to a Willis Reed like return?

-We are now told McNabbs return is unlikely. Any doubt that we won't see Kolb in the 4th quarter?

-The refs bailed out the Birds. That fumble could have killed this team.

-LJ is brutal. I really don't mind him ending up elsewhere next year. I think he has ADD.

-Wow, Buck really looked inspired on that run and he must have had a rocket booster strapped to his ass. I haven't seen him move like that in some time.

-Here is that god damned I touch song again. There must a subliminal message in there.
-Ok...got called away to talk by the Capt.
-Someone woke up Chris Gocong. It's nice to finally see a sighting of him in the 10th game of the season.
-I love how it takes three entire quarters to realize that we can run behind the left side of our line.
FOURTH QUARTER:
-B West has a career high 132 yards rushing. Seriously, that's his career high? 132 yards? Why do we consider this guy to be an all pro?
-Joey Porter? Wait, he's still in the league? I thought he had joined the UFC or something.
-Yayyyyy, Birds scored! We are now up 10. This is way too much time to leave on the clock for John Beck and this Dolphins offense.
-Is it me or did AJ Feeley seem way to excited by that TD?
-That was the single worst 4 and 1 call I've ever seen. Now only if we can get a first down or two. Then this game would be over and I can watch a real game to be broadcast at 4.
-I didn't think it was possible for an NFL team to go winless over the course of the year. I might be wrong. This Dolphins team sucks.
-That catch by just reminded me...He might be mentally challenged. He is hurting himself in free agency next year with his play.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

pretty work, and we're 5-5 which considering the GB and Chicago fiasco could be 7-3. we get rolled next week and then the playoff push/rebuilding project begins.

no matter what, we're not as good as the Cowboys, or half the AFC so this is all academic. somehow i see them at 9-7 but that's impossible w/ the Boys, Pats, G-Men, Aints, and Seahawks on the horizon. still i have 9-7.

Anonymous said...

snaxxx

ok we get it LT has ADD