Friday, October 26, 2007

Anyone Else Got The Same Feeling?


I don't know about you guys, but this may be the least interesting Eagles' season that I have experienced in my entire life. I realize it could just be me. I have a lot going on right now between a new baby, work, MBA classes, fantasy football, and looking to sell my home. However, I do not think I'm alone in being completely bored by this football team.

The Birds have no personality at all. The offense is lifeless and can't get out of it's own way. The skill position players are virtually non existent and D Mac looks to be the first Philly Sports Superstar to run himself out of town. The defense seems to playing decently, but I get the impression that they look so good because teams realize they don't need to be aggressive with their play calling as the Eagles are incapable of scoring three td's in a game. As we saw Sunday, this defense cannot be trusted in a big spot.

It just seems that this team is being weighed down by a black cloud of discontent. Everyone on the team seems to be unhappy with their contract or not in a real big hurry to come back from injury. Frankly, I have stopped reading the stories each week about which team member is having difficulty getting himself healthy enough to play each week. I'm bored by them.

About the only thing that interests me is the fascinating story of who gets let go first: D Mac or Big Red. My money is on D Mac heading out of town first. For whatever reason, Lurie and Banner are married to Reid. Despite how inept this team has looked, it sure seems like Big Red has become the new Bob Clarke in this city (ie, a front office sports' figure with a lifetime job.)

In any event, is anyone remotely interested in watching this team week to week? Honestly, I don't think I am and that is the first time in my life that I can say that.

No comments: