Friday, October 26, 2007

My 5 Star Special of The Year!




The time has come for me to give you my Rutgers pick for tomorrow. This week, the #6 ranked Mountaineers of West Virginia University come to the Banks of the Raritan to take on the Scarlet Knights one week after RU knocked off the #2 ranked Bulls of USF. Unfortunately, I'm not getting the warm and fuzzies over this game.

First of all, RU never beats West Virginia. The last time we beat them, I was still relatively thin, young and full of potential. Second, last week RU had, as me and my man the Captain like to call it, a "spill't their bucket game". Basically, RU threw everything at USF to gain the victory and spent a lot of emotion, energy and good fortune doing it. I wouldn't be shocked if it takes RU another week on top of this one to regain their form. Third, RU QB Mike Teel has an injured wrist which could severely limit his effectiveness. Fourth, our defense has never played against both Pat White and Steve Slaton. I'm guessing it is going to take at least a quarter to get a feel for their speed.

I might even consider laying a wager on West Virginia so that if RU loses, at least I have something to be happy about, but I'm a wuss so I probably won't do that.

Anyhow, I see a 35-20, not as close as it sounds, victory for West Virginia.




Lord, I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There's a man who knows his team.