Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Arthur Rhodes: Man of High Moral Fiber


I don't care that Arthur Rhodes can't get me out at this point in his career. It makes no difference to me because I could care less about his skills on the mound. I want him in the dug out to guide our group of pansies to a World Championship some day. Yes, I want him to be the new manager of the team or at least the Phillies new spokesman.

After Corey Lidle tried to apologize to Philly writers for ripping his old Phillie teammates in a press conference with the New York media, Arthur Rhodes - Man of High Moral Fiber, failed to budge from his stance that Lidle is a "scab". From Rhodes' most recent statements, it sounded like Corey was a real wuss. I'm glad he's gone. Future Manager Rhodes even added some new nuggets of information such as the following:

"He was on the Internet during a game. I told him he's got to be out there [in the dugout] for the first pitch and he got mad at me. I didn't have anything to say to him after that. He didn't want to win. He didn't want to go out there and root the team on. He's in the clubhouse doing something else. We've got a young pitching staff. He's got to be out there."
Ok, so the guy has a 5.67 ERA, which may grow by the time this article is finished, but he at least knows how to defend our Phillies. For that, I commend him. He showed better verbal presentation skills in two days than Cholly and Gillick have all year. Something tells me the press should have gone to good ol' Arthur up in Boston after the Myers Fiasco. I'm pretty he would have given us a company line we all wanted to hear.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
George said...

Still waiting for the positive article about Coste.

Philly Phan said...

If he's still doing well next week, I'll write something