Tuesday, August 29, 2006

"The Last Thing I Saw Fly That Long Had An In Flight Movie On It"


I can't take credit for that one. I think either Craig Biggio or Lance Berkman said it after Brad Lidge gave up a walk off bomb to Albert Pujols in last year's NLCS. However, that quote aptly describes the absolute moon shot Ryan Howard just hit to tie Schmidtty for the All Time Phillies' Single Season Home Run record with 48.

I'm sorry, but this guy's potential is limitless. I can't remember feeling the same way about another Phillie in my life time. It's his first full year and he's about to hit 50 (maybe 60+) home runs!!! I wish some of the old timers that read this site (like my father in law and his brother) could tell me if they felt the same way about any other Phillie. I can't imagine anyone else coming close, with the possible exception of Richie Allen.

Anyhow, if the Phils somehow capture the NL Wild Card, he has to be the MVP, doesn't he?

No comments: