Thursday, August 10, 2006

My New Favorite Red Headed Latino


For the first time since Jim McMahon backed up Randall Cunningham in 1990 and 1991, the Birds have a real life, legitimate, NFL back up quarterback. Frankly, I'm thrilled. Jeff Garcia showed a whole lot of life tonight against the Browns while throwing for 125 yards and one touchdown on 8 for 11 passing. He showed more tonight than my fellow Rutgers alum, Mike McMahon, showed in seven starts at the end of last season, and more than Koy Detmer did since his one shining moment as a starter in a Monday Night game against the 49ers back in 2002. Don't get me wrong, this team is going no where fast without D-Mac, but if he misses a quarter or two, we have a reasonable facsimile of a NFL quarterback to put in the game.

The fact that the guy can play is is reason alone to be happy to have Garcia in town. However, once you factor in his girlfriend, former Playboy Playmate of the year - Carmella DeCesare, I'm absolutely ecstatic to have him here in town. (For the viewing pleasure of my man "The Shoe", please see the following. Of course, you can find much more interesting pictures of Ms. DeCesare by googling her.)

No comments: