Sunday, March 30, 2008

Goat to Clutch


Have we ever had an athlete in recent memory that has gone from an overpaid goat to clutch in the span of one season? I'm searching my memory banks, but I'm drawing a complete blank.

Anyhow, Danny Briere is the process of completely redefining himself. He's still pretty soft, but his play over the last month has been pretty damn clutch. I'm still pretty amazed, but I guess he's capable of putting up good numbers when he has competent line mates. Briere's performance jumped up as soon as Vinny Prospal arrived and started setting him up. If Gagne had stayed healthy, it's reasonable to assume we might have seen this level of production all year.

Well, in any event, it's pretty nice to see. I hope he keeps it up. The Flyers are going to need his continued production if they are going to hold on for the playoffs.

No comments: