Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Hello, Hello, Hello....Is There Anybody Out There?

Guys, I'm back and hopefully here to stay. I only have 45 more days until I am liberated and have my evenings and weekends back to myself. I'm sure you are all so relieved.

Anyhow, I thought I'd drop a few thoughts on the wonderful world of Philadelphia sports:

1) I'm as happy as the next guy that the Sixers look as though they are going to make the playoffs, but has anyone else noticed that the NBA is absolutely horrible? Some of these teams don't even put up a fight. I understand that Chicago is having a bad year, but did they show up at all tonight? Tonight's game wasn't in jeopardy at any point. The funny thing is that since the Sixers have gone on their 19-5 run, there have been a few games like tonight's. The Sixers are simply not that good that they can simply bury teams, but it happens regularly in today's NBA.

2) Who was that team that was wearing Orange & Black last night? The Flyers displayed tight defense, outstanding goaltending and a patient, yet smart O-fence-ive attack. We haven't seen that all year. I hope they can keep it up because they are going to need to play exactly like that if they want to beat the Devils and Pens in upcoming games. By the way, the Vinny Prospal pass that set up Danny Briere's game tying goal is in the Top 5 of all time great passes in Flyers' history.

I came across this picture from Tuesday's game. How great is this? Gotta love old time hockey, eh?

3) I'll release my Phillies season preview, but I'm not getting a great feeling about this team. I haven't read a single positive story about this team's pitching staff, which is scaring me to death.

4) I'm glad to see the Eagles sign some veteran free agents to play on special teams and add some depth, but would it kill them to sign someone that anyone has seen play? Seriously, who the eff are Rocky Boiman and Kris Wilson. (Do I even have the latter's name right?)

5) I'm also happy to see 'Nova make the Sweet 16 even though they are my least favorite Big 5 team. I also will predict that Nova beats Kansas coming up. Don't ask me why...I just think Kansas is a complete choke artist team. There is no way they make the Final Four. They either lose against Nova or in the Elite 8. Anyhow, I'm kind of psyched up about this weekend's games. There should be some good games.

6) I love the cast of Top Chef this season. Andrew, Spike and the Aussie are the most entertaining cast members in a couple seasons.

7) The new John Adams miniseries has taken HBO off life support in the Philly Sports Phan household. It was about to go. Now, I'm sucked in.

8) My latest effort to sell my house has involved burying a "statue" of St. Joseph in my front yard upon consultation with many former home sellers. I truly expected to see a real statue that needed to be buried, not the three inch action figure that the religious store sold me. Hopefully, mini St. Joe gets my house sold. My daughter and her nanny/my sister in law are quickly taking over the place.

9) I need to write a book. Did anyone see how much Obama made on the books he wrote? Seriously, that's where I've been. I'm working on a book on the despair of a Philly Sports Phan and why sports mean so much here.

10) I've made some pretty big mistakes over the years, but something tells me they weren't as bad as this one:



I know the Capt and my buddy Stan love this guy, but he this was not one of his better days.

1 comment:

Jon1BSP said...

Flyers on a roll...and now Devils / Pens / and then Pens again.

Oh man...gonna be interesting to see how these last three go...