Tuesday, February 06, 2007

9 Days!


That's right, just nine days until pitchers and catchers report to Clearwater. Clearly, this is an indication that Spring is right around the corner, folks. (Well, at least I’d like to think Spring is coming on a day where we are suffering through subfreezing temperatures.)

I’m sure we’ll get bombarded with stories about how Hamels is ready to make the Leap to become a legit frontline starter. We’ll also surely see a couple stories where the Wife Beater claims that he has matured through the trials and tribulations of last season and he’s ready to be more reliable at the top of the rotation. I’m also expecting a ton of stories trumping up Lieber in an effort to get him traded off to some other team for bullpen help. Although, if this team is going to have any success, pray to god we don’t see any stories about Tom Gordon suffering from shoulder or elbow inflammation.

Finally, I’m sure we’ll get plenty of the gratuitous introductory articles about Freddy Garcia and Adam Eaton. I’m actually really looking forward to seeing Garcia pitch. I think he can be a key acquisition for this team.

Selfishly, I’m really looking forward to spring training because frankly, I don’t know what the hell I’m going to write about until free agency and draft preparation begins in earnest for our Birds. Until then…Go Phils!

5 comments:

Jon1BSP said...

It's Flash Gordon dammit. If you're gonna take him from the Yanks, get his name right.

Philly Phan said...

Muller...knock that shit off about baseball...how much longer until you jump on another team's bandwagon?!?!?

George said...

Who wouldn't have their doubts about a 47 year old closer who thinks he is Cy Young?

Philly Phan said...

Thanks, Jorge...I really hope that trade goes through that they talked about last week

St. Joe's Nick said...

I need something more to look forward to right now. The St. Joe's game didn't do much for me last night, as they scored a measly 39 against Villanowhere.

Apparently, the wife beater lost 30 ponds in the off season this year. Who knew you could actually get a workout slapping your wife around?

I still won't be cheering for him this year after the despicable way he treated his wife in the streets of Boston last year.