Monday, February 19, 2007

Amazing Finish


If this finish didn't create more Nascar fans, I don't know what will. My buddy Jones, who always busts my chops for following Nascar, called me right after the race to talk about how amazing the finish was. This newcomer to the sport is exactly right. That was an amazing finish. However, I won't try to kid you. Finishes like that don't happen every week. Shit, we're lucky if this happens twice a year.

Part of the reason I like the sport so much is because the middle hour and half of the race it is a perfect backdrop to help me take a nap on lazy Sundays. Basically, the moral here is don't tune in the California race next Sunday expecting the same thing. It ain't going to happen.


I hope you enjoyed Sunday though. It was as if the directors of Talledega Knights: The Ballad Of Ricky Bobby orchestrated that ending. The only thing missing was a guy running around the track at the end of the race in his tighty whities.

1 comment:

George said...

Mark Martin was robbed.