Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Big Trouble For Big Red

As I am sure you've noticed, I have refrained from commenting on the situation with Andy Reid and his sons. By now, we all know the details, so I am not going to re-hash the whole situation. I will simply state that since I don't believe this to be a sports story, I am not going to spend much time on it. Until such time that Andy's job is affected by the actions of his sons, I am not commenting.

You could say that I am pulling the old ostrich routine, which is a pretty fair assessment. All I will say is that I'm a bit nervous that this whole situation could lead to a leave of absence for the big man. I pray to God that I'm wrong about that.

I will also add the following comment that a lawyer friend forwarded to me from an Assistant District Attorney in Montgomery County:

"Just got out of the press conference. We just charged Reid's one kid. he's in a lot of trouble.
Although I do have a law degree, I don't think I need my legal training to respond to this statement with a big fat, "No Shit."

Good luck and God Speed, Coach Reid.

No comments: