Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Where The Hell Did This Come From?


I did not catch one second of tonight's game, but as a result of their 99 to 94 win over the Suns tonight, the Sixers became the first Eastern Conference team to beat the Suns at home this season. Yes, believe it or not, the Suns were trying to become the first team in NBA history to win every single inter conference road game.

Of course, I could go on about how this upset lessens the chances of the Sixers landing a Top 2 draft pick, but I'm tired of beating that topic into the ground. I just have to accept that we'll end up drafting fifth and fail to land an impact player which will destine the Sixers to NBA purgatory for the next decade.

By the way, did I ever mention that I've hated the NBA pretty much since Jordan left the Bulls? I just can't get into it. I blame it on the lack of skill and fundamentals the players exhibit these days. Judging by the lack of attention to my Sixers stories, you guys feel the same. Although, I know that if the Sixers improve in the slightest, my buddies The Captain, Johnny Gold and Mister Nascar will jump back on the bandwagon.

I dare them to tell me differently.

(By the way, great job out of the Daily News headline writer today. I love that headline.)

2 comments:

St. Joe's Nick said...

The NBA sucks nowadays. The product that they put out isn't basketball. It's some street-ball, ESPN show that doesn't appeal to real sports fans. It's completely unwatchable.

By the way, when did the officials stop calling travelling and carrying the ball? I guess it was when the league realized that the only way they were going to get any viewership on TV or fans in the arenas was to lax the rules a bit.

The NBA has completely become an individual game and isn't a team sport any more. The days of Dr. J and Larry Bird with their huge hatred for each other and legitimate basketball between teams is over, boys.

Don't even get me started on the All-Star game debacle of this year, or the dunk contest.

George said...

The concept of team basketball doesn't exist in the NBA.