Monday, February 05, 2007

"Far From" Super Bowl


Did anyone watch that game last night and honestly feel like they were watching the best the NFL had to offer? I never got excited about the game, before, during or after it. Who know, maybe I'm getting bitter in my old age, but this game sucked. I could care less about Dungy and Manning. The Colts are about as bland as an Andy Reid press conference. I already can't wait until next season so these guys can be replaced as World Champions.


Other things which sucked involving this Super Bowl:
  • Jim Nantz...Undoubtedly, he is the master of the obvious. I wish he'd stick to golf and the NCAA Tourney.

  • Prince....If I want to hear a Foo Fighters songs, I'll pick up my I Pod and listen to Dave Grohl and the boys

  • the commercials...the first one was funny and then things went down hill in a hurry

  • Rex Grossman...."Hello Mr. Garica, this is Jerry Angelo the GM of the Bears, how would you feel about playing QB here in Chicago?"

  • The rain...I know they couldn't do much about it, but it totally sucked the life out of the game for me.

Unfortunately, the NFL season is over. I guess we're all going to have to find something to with ourselves. I guess I could spend more time with my wife and do things around the house, but I'd likely hang myself inside of the first month. (Of course, I'm kidding. Who doesn't love to spend time with loved ones.) That's where Nascar comes in.....Gentlemen, start your engines!!!!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

The season is not over, we have the Pro Bowl to look forward to!!! Like you, I really had no interest in the game and actually Tivo'd it. Unlike you, watching it on replay, I actually enjoyed the first half. I was able to speed it up and cut out the crappy commericals and delays. The second half was just flat brutal. Also, some commercials were good, I especially liked the Fed Ex space/moon commerical.

St. Joe's Nick said...

I don't think I will ever eat another Snickers bar after the kissing mechanics commercial.

It's a damn shame because that is one good candy bar, but I have been turned off forever by that horrible commercial.

The game sucked, the rest of the commercials were really forgettable, and the entire experience left me pretty empty, too.

All in all, it was just another Sunday.

The media can now commence their drooling over Peyton Manning now that he has actually won something.

Anonymous said...

It looks like they are going to kiss and make out in that picture.

I can't wait to spend all of that quality time with you dear now that football is over. Just kidding.

Anonymous said...

10 days to pitchers and catchers

Jon1BSP said...

I wasn't paying too much attention (I was busy losing money at poker) to the game. One thing I did like though - the rain. I'm tired of all of these things being in domes.

We need Green Bay to get into the SB rotation. I need another Ice Bowl. Now that's football.

Anonymous said...

Jon's still mad that I threw out a royal flush in that poker game. Pure luck, and very amusing.

As for the game, I'm glad that David Woodley-type bears quarterback was exposed. What do you think Philly's odd's would've been in that game?

We'll see next year; now lets move on to the Phillies dammit...

Tom F.

Anonymous said...

That game should have been played in Cleveland. My thermometer on Sunday said the high was -10 degrees on Sunday with a starting gametime temp of -17. That would have been some good ballin'. Just as long as the poor Chicago fans don't have to sit in the cold weather for consecutive night games.

Jon1BSP said...

F'in A right I'm pissed at that royal flush!

George said...

I didn't think it was that bad of a first half. An opening kickoff return and all those fumbles caused by the rain and slick ball made things interesting. What the heck do you want out of a sport where the ball is only live for 8 minutes?

Philly Phan said...

Muller...I can't picture you playing cards well, you Mush! hahaha...They should call you Kryptonite at that table.

George...I want a game that doesn't feature Rex Grossman...that's all I ask

Anonymous said...

You wont have time to write about much of anything once your on diaper duty.

Jon1BSP said...

Dude, I totally suck at cards! That's why I never gamble. But since it was such an exciting game...

And with a flush in your hand, you would've stayed in too.