Wednesday, June 20, 2007

For Entertainment Purposes Only


Recently, I told my buddy Biggsy that the Phils are so predictable, you can set your watch to them. I later said that I wish I only had the balls to gamble on these guys because there is no way you could lose money on them if you could find a formula where your winnings were based upon being correct over a period of games, not for a specific games. I think you can make such bets if you use a money line, but I'm far from an expert on these topics. I'd ask my brother in law, but he is the biggest mush in the history of sports gambling. (He even blames himself for killing Dale Earnhardt, Sr as he placed a bet on him the only time he wagered on NASCAR.)

Anyhow, the Phils are now 37-35 and lost 4 out of 6 against the best of the AL Central after taking 9 out of the 12 games preceding them. So, where do the Phils go from here? Well, they are now down two starters after Fat Ass Lieber rolled an ankle seemingly walking off the mound. As a result, it would appear that they are due to go at least 2 games under to put them back at .500. Let's take a look at the next 10 games:

June 22-24 at St Louis - The Phils never play well in St. Louis. In fact, I think this is the reason I hate St. Louis. It always looked so freakin' hot when the Phils played them at Busch Stadium and they always friggin' lost. Even though the Cards are having a hard time defending their fluky crown, I still see them taking 2 out of 3 from our battered Phils.

June 26-28 CINCINATTI - The Reds are flat out brutal, so you would guess that the Phils will take 2 out of 3, right? But would the opposite result surprise anyone?

June 29-July 1 - NY METS (includes a double header on the 29th) - I'll give them a split of the double header, but then I see the Mets taking the next two as pay back for the Phils sweeping them earlier in the month.

There you go....they will go 4-6 over the next 10 and drop us back to .500. If anyone can figure out how to make money on this scenario, please let me know because I have a kid on the way and the extra money would come in handy.

No comments: