Thursday, June 21, 2007

Intriguing Friday


This Friday is shaping up to be quite interesting for yours truly.

On a personal note, my crew and I return to Scotland Run to partake in the joys of the Par & Bar. I can hardly wait. My buddy (and expert golf club maker) Muller is making his maiden voyage. Should be a good time. We'll probably do another one in July. Once we figure out a date, I'll post it.

However, even more interesting to me is this Friday's NHL draft where your Philadelphia Flyers hold the 2nd overall pick. There are rumors all over place. I've heard that the Flyers could use the pick on a potential stud center, could trade down for additional picks, or package that pick in an effort to trade for a top line center. The possibilities are endless and you can count me as intrigued.

Plus, there are all kinds of rumors that the Orange & Black are about to finally give up on the mercurial Joni Pitkanen, whom Glen Macnow aptly compared to Pat Burrell in terms of being a highly talented player that fails to progress due to making the same mistake over and over again, and potentially trade him to Edmonton for a roster player and a package of picks. There is also the impending free agency binge which is due to start on July 1st and the rumors are rampant that the Fly Guys are going to go after top line centers Danny Briere or Scott Gomez. Personally, I'd prefer Gomez as he's more of a playmaker and more phyiscal than Briere. Plus, signing him would weaken the Devils.
Oh...almost forgot, the Phils continue their path towards mediocrity as they open a three game series with the Red Birds in St. Louis. Remember, I see them losing 2 out of 3. I also discussed gambling methods with Mr. Nascar and he informs me that betting the money line is the way I can make money on my premonition that the Phils go 4 and 6 over the next ten. The question is...do I have the balls to do it? Not yet, I'm afraid.

By the way, the new GQ is coming out with a layout of Jessica Biel. Click here now, and thank me later. Here's a preview:

Yowza!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

First Par and Bar is great I got a 420 tee time I'll see you at the Bar after my Pars...
Second JB is soooooo HOT, you gota see Rules of Attraction very underated...oh and Summer Catch too.


You know how I know your gay... you said Yowza

Jon1BSP said...

I don't know about the "par" part, but I'll be all over the "bar."