Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Quick Hit Thoughts For A Rainy Tuesday


Yeah, I'm too lazy to write a full post, so here's some things that have struck me as interesting lately:

- D Mac Comes Back To Practice: This is fantastic news, but is he rushing back a bit too soon? I'd rather see him come back in Carson Palmer fashion, rather than Daunte Culpepper (Johnny Gold's all time favorite fantasy football QB). Plus, don't the Eagles want to make sure to take it easy with D Mac so that he goes out for the year in the usual week 10 game instead of during something called OTA's.

- Freddy Garcia is Done For The Year: Now that Freddy is about to go under the knife for his frayed labrum and spare us with suffering through his lackluster pitching efforts, he has officially taken the all time worst Philadelphia "Freddy" title from Freddy Mitchell. I think we can all agree, this is no small accomplishment.

By the way, check out this article from Bill Conlin where he takes the Phils to task for not having Garcia undergo an MRI before agreeing to the deal. This is just more evidence why I hate the Phils' front office. Christ, according to former Birds' doctor, Art Bartolozzi, the Eagles had six different doctors look at Corey Simon's shoulder before using a first round pick on him....and that was for a DT, who last time I checked isn't required to have a strong fastball as part of his repertoire.

- David Chase Speaks: Unfortunately, he doesn't reveal a whole lot about the Soprano's finale in this exclusive interview with the Newark Star Ledger.

In any event, I'm fully behind the theory that the last scene is just a microcosm of how he will live out the rest of his days....scared, anxious, and unable to trust anyone except his immediate family. I kind of like the screen going black as indicative of us as the audience being whacked. At least in my mind, I can justify that ending...I don't like it, but I can accept it.

- Phils Win First Two Games of Pale Sox Series: Seriously, who cares other than my buddy George? If we've learned anything from this team, they will lose tomorrow (with some goober named Kyle Kendrick making his first Major League start) and probably the first two games of the next series.

- Phils Are Only 14 Away From 10,000 Franchise Losses: I can't wait to see how this one is played in the National Media.

- U.S. Open at Oakmont: Lefty has a bad wrist, but has decided to play. I've been ripping the guy for having no heart for years, but I think this "macho" decision is a bad call. Wait to you see the ruff at this place. He better put every drive on the Shawn Bradley skinny fairways or there's a good shot he makes this injury worse.

By the way, I read that Oakmont has a 288 yard Par 3....the longest Par 3 in Major Tourney history. Can't wait to see how the pros play this hole.

- Sixers Audition A Small Army For The Draft: Yawn...who cares.

- Paris Hilton: I can't explain why, but I kind of feel sorry for her now.

- Hysterical Japanese Video Sent In By My Buddy Aran: Enjoy, give it until the 90 second mark.....

No comments: