Thursday, June 28, 2007

Howard Is Getting That Lovin' Feelin' Back...but Bullpen Blows


On a day when the Big Man pronounced at an awards banquet that his swing "was coming back", he crushed an absolute moon shot to get him to the 100 HR plateau faster than any other player in major league history. Unfortunately, it wasn't enough as the bullpen reared its ugly head and gave up a three run lead in the 7th and then gave the lead back in the 8th after the Phils valiantly fought back to tie the game.

Nights like this almost...and I repeat almost, has me seeing my buddy George's side of things. I'm starting to like this vagabond cast of Phils that surrounds Howard, Utley and Hamels. It seems like these kids and nobodies are doing their best to right the wrongs of our brutal front office. It is almost comical that this team has $17 million in salary (Burrell, Helms, and Barajas) sitting on the bench while guys like Dobbs, Bourn, Ruiz and Nunez contribute to this team's success.

Will it last? I doubt it. It's hard to believe that the nondescript players which have been carrying this team at times will keep things up.

Sorry for the lack of posts lately. I've been really busy with quite a few things lately. Things should calm down early next week...I hope.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That ball was a friggin bomb. i wanted to call someone but i figured you were doing some type of breathing exercise w/the wife. Big Daddy was watching old tapes of dirt modified racing and Johnny Gold was on the tread mill.

Now, I've had enough of Jeff Geary. The fact they give up 6 in the 7th, then come back w/ 3 of their own in the 7th shows the mettle of this team. They're competing despite the pitching deficiencis and dopey manager.

I simply like the fact that they do not quit. Is it enough, not sure, but its entertaining.

Anonymous said...

That was a bomb I wonder what it is like to be walking on Ashburn Alley and a homerun lands in front of you... its happened twice... think about it.

oh yea and I translated that post from the illegal

It translated to:

Rodrigo said… Oi, I found yours blog for google tá well interesting I liked this post. When to give gives passed for mine blog, is on personalized t-shirts, shows step by step as to create a well personalized t-shirt way. Until more.


sbots

Jon1BSP said...

I think Rodrigo's original post made more sense than the translation.

Anonymous said...

Actually Capt, you should have called me I was at the game...and it was a bomb.....u should have seen the chuckleheads scrambling for it because it went over the wall and was bouncing on the concrete...

Anonymous said...

This team has more heart than i've seen since the '93 squad. Its pitching may destroy what is a great 1-8 team. They came back 3 different times tonite. Its like watching a train wreck.