Thursday, June 07, 2007

How Sweep It Is!


Yes, I know what you're thinking....How can I get excited about these guys after I've spent the last two months ripping them. Well, you don't get to use that headline very often with the Phils, so I figured I'd jump on it while the gettin' is good.

I think I'm shocked as the rest of you that the Phils pulled this game out. I really didn't expect much in the 9th. I even turned the game off. However, I pleasantly surprised to see that our worst hitter crushed a huge home run off Philly Phan Hater, Billy Wagner. Eat shit, Billy. I hope you have a one night stand with the recently released Paris Hilton or Lindsay Lohan and contracts a bad case of the clap, V.D. and crabs.

Also, is it any wonder that this extra inning win occurred after Uncle Cholly got thrown out of the game? I think not. Removing Cholly from the decision making equation in a close game is never a bad thing.

Anyhow, with this sweep , the Phils have a real shot to establish a real winning streak as they head out to KC to take on the 22-39 Royals. If they fail to take at least two out of three from these guys, then this season holds no hope whatsoever. They will have confirmed that they are nothing more than a .500 outfit with holes all over the roster.

In any event, this team still annoys me to death. I'm planning on writing an article rating the worst owners in my Philly Sports life time. Since the teams haven't changed hands all that much over the past 35 years, the list is short, but illustrious.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

PSP said "the Phils have a real shot to establish a real winning streak with the 22-39 Kansas City Royals coming to town." Actually, the Phills are going to KC. Next week the Chi Sox come to town. Just keeping you honest. BYW, I am still out regardless of what they do in KC.

Philly Phan said...

Thanks for pointing out my mistake....I have corrected my error. Goes to show you that I should not post anything after a 6 miller lites and a shot of Stoli.

Anonymous said...

You know how I know your gay?

Anonymous said...

I call bullshit. There were reports this guy lost his fastball in late '06. The idea that our organization didn't check it out is inexcusable. He'll never pitch again in a phils uni.



But they aren't about to accuse the Chicago White Sox of knowing Garcia's shoulder was damaged before they traded him to the Phils on Dec. 6 for right-hander Gavin Floyd and pitching prospect Gio Gonzalez. And, even if they did, they have no recourse.

"I can't say that we think we got damaged goods because there was nothing in his entry physical that would've made us say there's a problem," assistant general manager Mike Arbuckle said Saturday. "It's buyer beware. If you do a physical before the deal, and he failed a physical there, it's one thing."

Arbuckle said the Phillies didn't have their doctors examine Garcia before the trade was finalized.