Sunday, June 10, 2007

Totally and Utterly Pissed Off


I don't know who to be more mad at....David Chase or the Phils.

I'm going with David Chase. That finale was ridiculous. I can't believe there was not more finality then what this episode provided. Instead of providing any sense of resolution, Chase provided an ending scene which prompted more questions than answers. I'm left grasping at straws with this one and having an empty feeling.

I also wonder how many of you also thought something happened to your television?

Anyhow, the theory that seems to be the most prevalent on the internet is that Tony is dead and the reason the screen went totally black was that was the instant he was killed. People also claim that you can see it on Meadow's face as she rushes up to the restaurant. I also see reference to the flash back in last week's episode taken from the first week where Tony tells Bobby that when you get whacked, you never hear them coming and everything goes black. I don't know. If that's what David Chase intended, fine. I hope he's proud of himself.

I'm just pissed. I really wanted this series to end on a better note, but I guess David Chase in his infinite wisdom decided it would be a bigger artistic masterpiece to end it like he did. I just hope he realizes he's alienated me and about a bazillion other potential viewers to whatever project he decides to put out there.
Although, since we're all Philadelphia sports phans, I suppose we should be accustomed to such disappointment.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The more i think about it, it was a good ending. Better than seeing him get shot or picked up by the feds. i like that NY flipped and that Phil got whacked. The FBI guy rooting for him. The cat, Junior crazy, Janice going for the money. AJ's car, Patsy getting his balls busted. Paulie w/ Jesus.

Anonymous said...

the final episode sucked.....nothing else worth saying.....

Anonymous said...

I missed it, Speed week was on and there was a lawnmower race on that had the cousin of a 70's dirt track racer

Anonymous said...

When I woke up this morning I wanted to get myself a gun and then find David Chase... But I realized I that I am relived that I will no longer be held hostage by HBO on Sunday nights well at least until the Wire returns. I hate that I have to agree with that fool Martorano but the ending any ending will be in the DVD directors cut.

sbots

Anonymous said...

now "big daddy" that is too funny......

George said...

I was really getting tired of all the talk about this show and all of the Sopranos guests on WIP. Glad it's over.

Philly Phan said...

Speaking of which, did you hear that when Martelli interviewed for the RU hoops job a couple years ago, RU tried to lure him by offering him a chance to meet James Gandolfini?